Sunday, June 16, 2013

I'm On A Boat!

Today was a fun filled day! I was on a boat! My friend Yuki and her family own a boat and they usually take it out every other weekend when summer hits. It can hold about 15 people. We headed out at 9:30am and stayed out at sea til' around 6:00pm. The weather wasn't super sunny, in fact, it rained a little...but it was still really hot and the sun would make a special appearance every now and then. Today I experienced a lot of "firsts"...I fished (or attempted to fish, I should say), I rode on a jet ski and drove it for a little bit. Other activities we did today included wake boarding, being dragged around by the jet ski on an inflatable seat, barbecuing and of course swimming & snorkelling. At first I was a little hesitant to go into the water because Yuki warned me about water snakes, sharks and jelly fish! But as we were snorkelling, we saw that the water around us was clear and there were barely even any fish. My friend's mom caught a small but incredibly beautiful fish; she used sausages as bait. The fish had a multitude of vibrant colours- only in Okinawa are fish too beautiful to eat! We released it back into the sea. At the end of the day, while we were docking the boat, we saw a fisherman wheeling in what looked to be a HUGE swordfish. It was the same length as me! That was a trip; it seriously looked like a mythical creature! Today was so much fun, maybe I'll give wake boarding a try next time...but I don't see that going down very well! I already have trouble balancing when walking on the street...and if you add a board and water, it ain't gonna be pretty I can tell you that much! Damn you weak ankles and abnormally small feet! As I write this, I feel the room is swaying and I'm beginning to get dizzy...I guess it's from spending the majority of the day on a rocking boat...at least I hope that's the reason I'm feeling like this.

2 comments:

  1. The jet ski and the inflatable seat looks super fun! and such a pretty fish!! I went snorkelling too when I went to Thailand but I didn't see fishes like the one your friend's mom caught.. :( just lots of dead corals =__="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so much fun! i've never been on a jet ski before...or even a boat! well i've been on ferries but that doesn't count. come here and i will show you more fish like that!!!!

      Delete