Monday, May 27, 2013

Teeth & Hair Illustration Series

My Teeth & Hair Illustrations 2008: Black Ink Pen, Watercolour Paint
Since childhood, I've had reoccurring nightmares about my teeth falling out which was the main inspiration for these illustrations. And the hair, well I've always had this disgust yet fascination with hair that has been separated from the head and serves as its own entity. Of course hair can be this beautiful thing when styled and attached to an individual's head but on it's own, it's kind of creepy don't you think? Hair clogged in the drain, hair stuck to the carpet. *shudders* This thought came to me when I was in the shower. A lot of my hair tends to come out when I shampoo, so to prevent it from clogging up the drain, I stick the strands to the shower walls...yeah yeah don't judge me! it's called thoughtfulness for the person who showers after me! ...But in actually, it is pretty gross. This mural of hair. So now that I've disgusted everyone and reinforced my creepy status, hope you like the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment