Thursday, May 30, 2013

Drum Circle

One of the things I really miss about Toronto is the drum circle that was held every Tuesday at Trinity Bellwoods Park. It was just a great time to enjoy the music and meet new people. The times that I’ve gone, there was always a big turnout. So you can imagine what the simultaneous beating of everyone’s drums would feel like…I swear the entire park shook! The thought of everyone combining their own instrument and their own sound to make one unified rhythm is pretty incredible. These events were not only limited to drumming but many groups of people would also participate in yoga or fire juggling?…It was my first time doing laughing yoga. Yeah, that’s a thing…and it is as ridiculous as it sounds! No offence to anyone who actually does that as a hobby but it was so awkward. In a circle, we would bow and as we rose back up again we were supposed to laugh…forcing laughter just turned into awkward laughter. So weird…but I miss it all!! I would force a million awkward laughs to be able to go to the drum circle again! HEH..HEH….HEH.

No comments:

Post a Comment