Sunday, May 26, 2013

Nailed It!

Ok so the last time I was in Montreal visiting my cousins we attempted to make macarons… which was an EPIC FAIL by the way! But seeing everyone on Facebook posting all these pics of successful macaron baking, I was like “how hard can this be?”…I was definitely wrong! They tasted good…they just didn’t look very attractive. They were kind of flat and lumpy…I don’t know if it’s because our measurements were off in terms of how much flour and other ingredients we were supposed to add. Also we didn’t have baking paper so we kind of just settled for aluminum foil… yeah I hear ya, BIG mistake! The macarons stuck to the foil and it was a massive pain to peel off. I tried to make a Hello Kitty one; aside from the lumpiness, messy paint job, flatness, pretty much everything that’s wrong with it…..I think I nailed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment